Monday, September 14, 2009

Topic 5 - Online community building and social architects

The many faces of you


Educational
  1. CSU ebox
  2. CSU interact

Official
  1. Company email
  2. Company network and intranet
  3. Leave and payroll system
  4. Banking
  5. Utility billing - Credit card, E-toll,Mobile phone

Personal
  1. Email - hotmail & gmail
  2. Social networking - Facebook, Secondlife

I think I have maintained a consistent online identity across different communities. Whenever I have the control in deciding and creating my identity I have followed a consistent profile. However based on the purpose of the particular community the topics discussed the nature of communication and the purpose for using and interacting with the online community would be different.

My persistent identity would always have my real name associated with the online identity and a picture of my self if allowed on the site. Personal related online identity would be friendly & easy going. Official identity would be clear & to the point (at least I try to be)

No comments:

Post a Comment